In the Holy Bible we find these words; In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, (Genesis 1:1) records these words to remind us that everything has a beginning.
CELEBRATING 105 Years
Some 105 years ago Shiloh Baptist Church recorded her beginning. We honor those who have written the pages of Shiloh’s history and also who are helping to shape its future. For years we have stood through the storms and the rain, held on through trials and tribulations, being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Wednesday Bible Study
Bible Study on Wednesday starting at 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Paul’s Call for the Corinthian Church to Unify
Rev. Anthony G Harris, M. Div.
Pastor & Instructor
1 Corinthians 1:2-17
- Paul’s Appeal (1 Corinth 1:2-3)
- Paul identifies he is addressing by using the Greek word ekklesia which simply referrers to a meeting of people or assembly. Literally means, called out ones.
- He also uses the word sanctified. This is a reference to being set apart for a holy purpose in kingdom service.
- 1 Peter 2:9-11
- Paul’s is Selfless in his Gratitude (1 Corinth 1:4-9)
- Paul’s letters consisted in the New Testament beginning with words of encouragement closely resembling thankfulness unto God.
- How often do we thank God for other believers? Do we thank him for believers who are imperfect, immature, have offended us and struggling?
- Romans 1:8-12.
- Spiritual Gifts: The possession of the gifts granted unto us was not given to us for personal pride. God has granted us gifts to benefit the body of Christ (through developing inner growth within the body of believers. Gifts are also for the development of the outer man, i.e. miracles, and applying one’s faith. Additionally, gifts were giving to the church for the purpose of, prepare people for the coming of Christ.
- Paul’s Plea for Agreement (1 Corinth. 1:10-12)
- In Paul’s letter to the Corinthians, his desire is to have Corinth to have a common language, which is founded in a Trinitarian example of the God head. In other words, Paul’s desire was for the body of Christ (the Church) to have all things in common as the trinity exemplified. Paul wanted Christians to speak that which was for the common good of all (Rom. 15:5-7). The goal was to have the body perfectly joined together in body, mind, and soul (Phil. 2:2).
- Paul’s Convincing Argument (1 Corinthians 1:13-17)
- In Paul’s conclusion of the matter, his question of “Is Christ divided’ helps us see the importance of possessing a mind that unifies the church, and re-enforcing that belief in practice daily (Eph. 4:3-6). Paul conclude with taking ay attention off himself, and clarifying his call and purpose on earth, and ministry. Paul’s made it clear to the church that unity also is achieved when we are satisfied with being the servant, and God being God, and receiving the Glory.
Study Assignment based on 1 Corinthians 1:2-17
- Who or what is standing in your way for Christian Unity?___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- What steps will you take to move your obstacle, in order to get to unity?___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Are the Gifts that God has given you at work in the Church?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ If so how?________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ If not, why not?_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Are you totally loyal to God, or is it divided amongst others?__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shiloh Baptist Church Live Streaming
Experience the Word of God.